Before you start!
- Workspace -When signing up to Intuned, a workspace is automatically created. The workspace owner can then invite others to collaborate in the same workspace.
- Connectors - Connectors are the way to bring your team's data together in one shared workspace. Note that connector configuration is global to the workspace, meaning it is shared by all collaborators.
- Metrics - Custom query results are tracked automatically over time.
- Notifications - This is an alerting mechanism that notifies you periodically or when something in the query results changes.
- Worksheets - is the container to save queries and share them with others.
- Views Functions that enable sharing of data, similar to code sharing. They provide a way to access data without having to query the underlying tables. Views can be used to simplify complex queries, reduce repetition, and improve clarity.
To explore and learn more about your team’s data connected in Intuned, you can navigate to Explore.
To help you learn more about your, Explore is broken down into 3 main components:
- Resource Manager allows you to view and manage worksheets and table schemas for your connected data sources, metrics, and custom views.
- Query Editor is where you go about actually writing up the queries, Intuned supports SQL and Kusto as the querying language
- Query Results is where you will see the results of the query either in table or chart form depending on the query
Resource Manager enables you to:
- View, create, and delete shared and private worksheets to save queries.
- View the table schema of the data sources from the connected tools and metrics you've created.
- View, create, and delete views to augment query results into a saved result you can call upon, similar to a table.
- Workspace worksheets are visible to all who are invited to the workspace.
- Note: Collaborating on the same worksheet is not currently possible.
- Private worksheets are only visible to you.
Intuned uses the Kusto Query Language to enable its powerful analytics capabilities.
To create a metric:
- Navigate to Metrics and select “Create metric”
- Then provide the required parameters
- Metric Name: This name must be unique and cannot contain any spaces or special characters as it will be used as the table name
- Cron expression to schedule: This cron expression will configure when and how frequently the query will be run to capture and store the results in to the metric table along side the timestamp of when the query was run.
- Query: This query is filtered to calculate a specific metric you are looking for, and it will be captured in a regular cadence as defined by the cron expression.
- Then come back after some time and you will find a table with the query results associated with a timestamp.
To manage a metric:
- Navigate to Metrics, find the Metric you wish to manage
- To delete a metric, use the trash bin icon and select “Delete Metrics” on the confirmation
- To preview a metric, use the magnifying glass icon to “Preview Metrics”
Notification is made up of 2 main components
- The trigger is the condition that will result in an action. Intuned’s triggers run every 10 minutes to evaluate if trigger condition has been met.
- The action is the email or slack notification that is sent once a trigger activated
If there is any query result you wish to check up on a regular bases, then you can use Periodic Trigger for these types of results you have to share frequently
Query change Trigger
If there is a query result you wish to get notified when things change, then you can use a Query Based Trigger.
Workspace settings allows you to govern access to users in your shared workspace.
- Admin - A role that grants full administrative control within Intuned, and exclusively has authority over users, role assignments, and connectors management.
- Editor - A role that grants the ability to create, updated, and delete all Intuned components except for users, role assignments, and connectors
- Viewer - A role that grants the ability to view dashboards
Last updated on February 7, 2023